Sunday, January 18, 2015

for the love of....what?

so, I changed the name of my blog.... again.

I just didn't feel like being "must I even explain?" anymore. I created that name in 8th grade, after having some other names like "the blog of legitness" or a few worse titles. so, now, after a lot of not careful brainstorming, I have come up with the name "for the love of good times". 

I have wanted to change the name of my blog for a long time, but I couldn't think of anything good. I was even considering using some Red Hot Chili Peppers lyrics as the title. (if any of you are familiar with RHCP, you are aware that a lot of their lyrics are random nonsense that doesn't make sense, but 1. that stuff is catchy, and 2. there are some of their songs that despite some random nonsense, have some sort of beautiful meaning to them.) but, "can't stop, addicted to the shindig" isn't the greatest name for a blog, mainly because it doesn't make any sense, other than the fact that it's a line from one of my Top 5 Favorite Songs of All Time. so, that idea was canned. (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, please look up "Can't Stop" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. it will change your life.)

well, one day, I was taking a shower and I found myself thinking of things I love to do. of course, tennis is the first thing that comes into my head, mainly because I can't exactly practice consistently right now. and I was thinking of tennis terms, wondering if I could incorporate some tennis humor into my blog title. and that's when I got it.

for the love of good times.

"love" means "nothing" or "no score" in tennis, but really, who cares. and whenever I play tennis, I have good times. and i realized, even though half my posts are nonsense ramblings, the other half is about all the good times I've had on vacations, playing tennis, doing whatever the heck I'm doing. I looked back on journal entries, and I realized I sign a lot of them with "good times." and that just makes me really happy for some reason. so, I decided to incorporate that into my title as well. who knows. I might change it again to something either really stupid or more clever. but for now, here it is.

good times,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are nice. I like them.