Tuesday, January 29, 2013

15.

January is a very busy month. I've been to birthday parties, my brother turned 10, my dad turned 40something (42? 43? I don't even know), new term with new classes and the worst, new homework and maybe new friends? oh yeah and I turned 15 on January 23. scary stuff.

like all other holidays, I didn't get the iPhone I wanted. but to make up for that and for not having a party, my mom took me shopping at City Creek up in Salt Lake on Martin Luther King day. normally I don't spend too much on my birthday but because I didn't get a party and that I'm older now and like picking out my own stuff better, I got lots of cute stuff. I got 3 dresses, a sweater, a really nice navy blouse with a bow, leopard pants, 3 pairs of shoes, and sweats. pretty great if I say so myself. the best part was picking out everything myself and going up to Salt Lake instead of just going to the University Mall here in Orem. and I spent tons!

on my actual birthday I didn't do anything special that morning, just went to school in new clothes. but the big difference was that somehow, everyone knew it was my birthday and I didn't really mention it much. so like everyone was hugging me and telling me Happy Birthday and it was legit. I loved all the attention, but mostly I loved that all my friends remembered and it made me really happy! a few of my classes sang to me, which in some cases was awesome; in others, humiliating. but it was all good. for Young Womens that night, along with our activity (I honestly don't remember what we did), we ate frozen yogurt to celebrate my birthday. my whole ward knows my weaknesses are muddy buddies, sugar cookies, and frozen yogurt. after that I opened all the presents I picked out myself, ate brownies with peanut butter frosting, and did homework like nothing happened. but even now that it's the tuesday after, people are still telling me Happy Birthday and asking me how it went!

also, 2 days after my birthday (also my dad's birthday), Timpview played Provo, our biggest rival in basketball. it was a pretty intense game and Provo is supposed to be one of the best teams. they have won more basketball state champs than any other school in the state, and they're pretty cocky. last year, they threw eggs at us, so they aren't the friendliest people out there, and they take it very seriously. I wasn't the least bit scared, all I cared about was watching the game with my friends, and hoping that we won. and of course, we did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 64-35. Can I just say, Timpview is famous for its athletic program, and now I know why. so a great way to add to the celebration!

as for being 15, I don't feel any older really except now I can get my learner's permit and eventually start driving. pretty scary stuff. I just need to finish the stupid handbook, take the tests, and I'll be driving! watch out!

all my friends wishing me happy birthday. left to right: Kaitlyn Harber, Brooke Christen, Brooke Olsen, me, Malia Patching, Callie Ogletree, Olivia Stenquist, Susie Clawson, and Seth Santiago and Ty Guzzo photobombing us in the back. lovely.

my new dress

not to mention I can date in a year.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your awesome mom took you shopping for your birthday. Sounds like you scored some great stuff. I also don't know how old your dad is. Pretty sad! But he is getting old, I guess that means I'm getting old too! Be careful learning to drive and my kids will never have their own iphones until they are adults and pay for them on their own, so don't feel bad!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are nice. I like them.