Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sehee's baptism

this cute girl is Sehee Lee. she is an exchange student from South Korea, and she is a freshman, like me. (don't let my height fool any of you.) I don't even remember how we met, but moment I saw her, I knew that I loved her. She's always smiling, she's super outgoing (and I thought I was outgoing, but wait until you meet Sehee. Friendliest girl on the planet!), happy all the time, bubbly, full of energy, kind, sweet, and compassionate. Every day at school, she always makes sure to say hi to me and give me a hug. it makes my days a whole lot better! when I found out that she has been meeting with the LDS missionaries and decided to get baptized, I was literally overjoyed. It made me so happy to know that she had accepted the gospel and was ready to be a member of the Church. every day I'd get at least one snapchat from her saying, "so excited to be baptized!" and it only made me more excited as well. I couldn't wait.

but there was a problem. Uncle Aaron and Annie were visiting Provo for the New Years weekend and my cousin Ammon would get baptized on the same day. it was a very tough decision to choose which baptism to go to. I was expected to play piano at Ammon's, so I had to explain to Sehee that I had to play piano for my cousin. but it all worked out. she told me that her baptism date got changed to Wednesday evening, and that I would be able to go!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy how it all worked.

On Wednesday, I was running late because of all this end of term homework, so I walked in during the opening prayer. not the best time to walk in. but I saw a lot of my friends saving me a seat, so I sat down with them. The missionaries gave really good talks, and we could all feel the Spirit really strong. Watching Sehee get baptized and receive the Holy Ghost was so powerful. I forgot about all the homework I had to finish. being there for Sehee was the most important thing.

After the baptism, we all ran up and hugged her and congratulated her. then, it was instagram time. and  my iPod camera isn't the greatest, so sorry!
Shelby Mower, Callie Cordon, Sehee Lee, Megan Nelson, and me

the instagram version (the same, but different lighting)

I have a testimony that I know the Gospel is true, and that Sehee's great example will be one that many will follow. I am so sad that she only has 4 months left at Timpview with me, and that we are sure lucky to have her right now, and that Korea will be super lucky to have such a great girl. Sehee, if you ever read this, we all love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are nice. I like them.