Thursday, October 17, 2013

cliché fall pictures.

 
 
 
 
so there is this trend on Instagram which I absolutely love but kinda hate at the same time:

cliche fall pictures.

I love fall. It is my favorite season. it could very possibly beat summer. I love them both for different reasons, but fall. my favorite colors are red and orange, and when the leaves change colors, I find it absolutely gorgeous. fall in Utah is the most beautiful time of the year. to everyone who complains about living in Provo, I can sympathize with you because the winters here are not exactly delightful. (unless you are a skiing fanatic like my brothers.) but really guys, I think that living this close to the mountains makes up for the bitter cold. it's my favorite time of year, when the trees on the mountains start changing. The tennis courts I practice at (not with the team) are in Sherwood Hills, my absolute favorite neighborhood of Provo. it is on the hill above Timpview, and the houses are all very nice, you are as close to the mountains as you can get while still staying in the city, and you have a breathtaking view of the whole city below. I frequently drive around this area because my grandma lives close to it, a lot of my friends live up there, my tennis courts are there, and I just love the view. when I play tennis, the court faces the mountains, and I just love all the different colors on the trees. we are blessed to live in such a beautiful place.

so, every fall, every girl in Provo gets the same idea: let's go up to Provo Canyon and take pictures! so they gather up all their friends and do a photoshoot of them in their new fall outfits, usually oversized sweaters and leather boots, and they take pictures together, all smiles. and then, as soon as they get home, they all post their pictures with some caption as simple as "I love fall!" with some leaf emojis. everyday, my news feed is filled with these cliche fall pictures. and I can't complain, but there is just so many of them. and a few days after the first picture from the photoshoot is posted, the girl decides it is "too old", and posts another from the photoshoot.

I admit, I am guilty. we all know I love fall, and it is just so pretty, why wouldn't I do a photoshoot? I didn't go up to the canyon, but I found a nice little place to get my pictures done. my lovely friend Bailey from digital photo took several amazing photos on a real camera (not an iPhone like most of these cliche fall photos are taken on; and I have nothing against that. I actually do that myself), and these ones I have posted aren't even 1/4 of the ones we took. these are just my absolute favorites. and our friend Libby from tennis also came along and helped me with my poses and fixed my hair. and they all turned out amazing. so yes, of course, i get home, wait for Bailey to send me the pictures, and I finally cracked and got on Instagram and posted a cliche fall photo. I did one. yes, I did. and you know what? I don't care. because like many other girls in Provo, I love fall. and I love taking pictures. so really, I shouldn't complain.

on a side note: our varsity tennis team won STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!! for the first time in 12 years. we won state. I can't believe it, but at the same time, I am not surprised at all. we have some really amazing girls on our team, and Kate Cusick, our 1st singles player who happens to be in my grade, won the entire thing herself. not only did our team win state, but Kate won individual as well. even though I didn't play, I am just so so so so so happy. Our tennis season has been the best tennis season I've had (the only tennis season I've had with Timpview), and I have had so many good times. We had a banquet on Tuesday that was about 2 1/2 hours long. and each girl has done amazing this season, and I love every one of them.
 Emmaline, me, and Gabby. I only wish I was tall.
Megan, my cute doubles partner at Region. I just love this girl so much. for fall break, she went to Hawaii and got us matching bracelets. she is the sweetest, and she just loves to play tennis and is always happy to be at practices, and I just love that. she just always makes my days. and yes, I am older. I'm almost 16, and she's 14. and there isn't any hope for me. I haven't grown since I was 13.

well folks, I gotta do some end of term homework. wish me luck. have a great day, and I have just been so so so so so so happy. life is good. so good. so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are nice. I like them.