Friday, January 31, 2014

happy sweet 16 to me.

ever ask a little kid how old they are? well, I have and it's pretty cute. sometimes they will look all confused, so then you ask them, "well, how many are you?" they will hold up a small number of fingers, between 3 and 5, showing how many years they are on each finger. well, the day has come. on Thursday, January 23, I turned that many fingers. I had the best birthday ever. for lunch, I invited a ton of my friends over to my house. pretty much anyone who could get a ride could come. I knew a lot of people would come, but I was surprised at how many people actually came. There were 60-70 people there! I live in a nice little house in the Edgemont area, so not too far from Timpview, but not close enough to walk home for lunch. all my friends who could drive, packed as many people as could fit in their cars, parked in my culdesac, and joined like 60 other people to celebrate with me! My mom and my grandma made Cafe Rio pulled pork salad. (ok, not Cafe Rio but the closest thing we could get.) It tasted pretty dang close to the real thing. I would know, I eat there every chance I get! The food was amazing. Everyone ate everything on their plate. Roughly half the population were boys, who ate probably 5 helpings each. They were so nice and didn't throw food at each other, destroy the house, or light anything on fire, so that's good! for dessert, we had cream puffs, lemon cupcakes, and 3 kinds of cookies. Everyone liked everything, but I'd say the peanut butter chocolate chip cookies were the biggest hit. Those are my favorites as well, and I could eat 10 without stopping.

I got clothes and cash. Which is just what I wanted. OK. I really wanted a car, but we know how my parents work. I have to pay for everything, and sometimes I can barely pay my iPhone bill every month. so a car is out of the question. but we have 2 cars, and my dad rides his bike to work when it's warm, so I get a car for part of spring, part of fall, and pretty much the whole summer. better than nothing. but I really just want my own car, so I can drive myself to school every day. I can go to lunch more. I wouldn't have to ask for rides all the time. sometimes I hate doing that, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

speaking of which...
I can drive legally now. I just don't have a car.

so anyways, 16 is a pretty great year. I can't believe I've made it this far. my 15th year was probably the best year of my life. So many good times playing tennis, good friends, good vacations, learning to drive...a year full of good times. let's hope that 16 is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are nice. I like them.