Thursday, August 9, 2012

Kamakura

first things first, I would really, truly, would die to know who reads or stalks my blog! (Feel free to stalk all you want. I often go blog-stalking myself, and it is a very wholesome activity.) so, there's 3 simple things you can do.

1. Follow my blog! it's as simple as pressing the little blue follow button below the brown cutesy-utesy Shabby Blogs button that says "FOLLOW ME." and anyone with a google account can follow! you don't need a blog! Just click that button if you have a Google and you're good.
2. Comment!  it's as simple as pressing the "comment" button below my posts, and type in your thoughts. again, you do not need a blogger account or a blog! Just a Gmail account! and the comment doesn't have to be mushy gushy or thoughtful! you can just say "I liked this post" or "The pictures were legit" or "this was a ton of stupid worthless crap that I don't even care about reading but I love you anyway." and if you really don't want to comment or if you don't have a google account, Facebook message me letting me know you've been reading! email me your comments for me! my email address is miriamcastle32@gmail.com 
3. Spread the word! On your blogs, post the link to my blog (i.e. under the "blogs I read" section). I'm not asking for shoutouts or long posts about me, although feel free to do so. But I don't need a whole long shoutout post about me! but you can email, show your friends, all that kinda stuff!

second things second! leave me a comment giving your opinions on my different types of posts! do you prefer my long, picture filled, adventure-packed ones? or my short "insert like 3 pictures and say nothing" posts? stories, and no pictures? favorites? or musings of me? today, I'm going to do a completely new type of post: called an Adventure Post With Tons Of Pictures But Like 3 Sentences To Explain What We Did. so, here ya go!

third things third: the actual post. our family went to Kamakura, a picturesque-y little coastal town by the beach! the views were amazing. we didn't bring any beach gear because of my banged up toe not being able to go in the water. but it was sad that the water was calling to me! the other half of town was sort of like Kyoto with a ton of temples and shrines! besides that, the Kyoto-ish half wasn't picturesque at all. it was very run-down and shabby. we tried to get from the picturesque half to the non-picturesque half (I found a new favorite word. doesn't it just sound so descriptive and..........legit? okay, that is still my other favorite word!) but we had to hike through this forest. did a lot of walking. toe kills now! gonna rest all day tomorrow! but here are the pictures! oh, and at one of the temples, we got to go inside Buddha's belly button! what an.........interesting experience. and there weren't any Mozzo Liams, so although they were pretty legit, nothing was so freaking legit because like I've said before, I just love Mozzo Liams! (I should really learn how to spell.)

fourth things fourth, the pictures! and please excuse Wesley's funny faces, he doesn't like the sun in his eyes, so there is nothing mentally wrong with him; half of the time he was being a goofy goober, the other half he wasn't paying close enough attention to actually look at the camera.
















3 comments:

  1. Miriam! Fantastic, funny, and very interesting blog. You have a really great descriptive way of writing. The tone is fun, and I love your favorite words too! I'm going to say goofy goober from now on. The pictures are super neat and I'm loving your description of Japan and your experiences while you tour it with your fam. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so cool! I love the Timpview colors! :) Also, Japan looks amazing. I'm going to travel the world someday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are nice. I like them.