Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Toe-kyo, P-Town, the other P-Town, and Aussies.

first things first. when I went to Kyoto about 6 weeks ago, I developed this really nasty blister on my toe from walking around all day in the rain, wearing Toms (which don't do really well when wet). since I have had several toe problems in the past, one I even had to get surgery for, we didn't know whether to do anything about it, or just wait and see if it would get better. after all, I've gotten blistered toes before, so we decided to just leave it alone. well, long story short, my poor Bubba big toe (yes, Justin and I decided to name all our toes one night, and laugh all you want. Wesley, being "normal", decided to name all his toes "Toe." very original, right?) has been stubbed, ran over by swivel chairs, stepped on by brothers, fathers, and ladies in the subway wearing platform shoes, banged against a table, and badly abused in the past 6 weeks. I have been wearing mostly flip flops during that time, because I only brought 6 pairs of shoes: my flip flops, my tennis shoes, and my 4 pairs of Toms. but everytime my toe started to look better, it just got abused more, and an infection started to develop, and later, an ingrown toenail came along as well. my whole toe was infected (no, this was not One Direction Infection. that, I'm afraid, has only one cure, which happens to be more One Direction), and finally, after getting my toe squashed by the lady on the train wearing freaking stilettos, and after screaming at her because I couldn't take it, I finally got a doctors appointment with an English speaking doctor. the infection had gotten really bad, and his solution? simply remove the toenail. so, my toe got numbed (the injection didn't work the first time, and Mom nearly fainted, but that's a long story), hacked at, and they sent me away and made me walk all the way to the nearest train station, in the rain, with a plastic bag covering my foot. anyway, one day later, my toe is completely bandaged up and it doesn't feel like it is getting pounded on anymore, but I still can't really walk. even worse that it had to happen in Toe-kyo, where you have to pretty much walk everywhere you go! I had to miss going to the Imperial Palace with the rest of the fam because it would be a 2 hour walking tour! I was very productive and stayed in bed and Facebooked with Megan about Little Mix the whole time.

now that you have read my extremely boring story, I figured that your brain would like a breath of fresh air. I'm sorry, this air isn't really fresh. I just barely found out that Emma, one of the best friends I've ever had is moving to Portland, Maine! that is like the furthest place away from Provo you could get while staying in the U.S. (Hawaii and Alaska don't count!) I'm pretty sad. no wait, I'm gonna die, I'm so depressed! (don't worry. I'll try to stick around for at least a good 60 more years!) Now, Emma, if you ever read this thing (which I'm pretty sure you probably don't), I love everything about you: your delightful Aussie accent, your beautiful smile, your sense of humor, our random conversations on Facebook, at lunch, or walking home, our inside jokes, how you are always happy and easygoing, how you are such an easy person to talk to because not only do you listen well, you are also very nice to talk to! when my day is the worst, I always feel better after we talk! oh, and you are so gorgeous you could be a model, and you have amazing photography/editing skills! I will miss you heaps, and I would do anything to see you again and hear your wonderful Australian accent once more! you light up my world like nobody else. you've got that one thing. if we could only have this life, for one more day...if we could only turn back time! you are so freaking legit! I love you dearly! I'm cereal! and oh, dear Emzie, you will always be my favorite Aussie of all time!!! (and even though you will always be Australian, P-Town will surely miss you! and I meant P-Town as in Provo, not P-Town as in Portland!)
sorry, horrible picture of us on halloween. I look terrible!
isn't she just absolutely gorgeous?

so, I've been pretty sad about that. I just can't believe it had to happen so soon! but hey, there's always Facebook! most of the time I absolutely hate Facebook, unless I find something funny to post, but surprisingly, it has been getting me through this whole trip! I've been able to chat with a lot of my friends and tell them about Japan. today, I was able to talk to Megan (whom I haven't talked to in forever. I miss that girl so much!), Miranda, Angie, Raquel (okay, we were texting), Emma (obviously), and Callie (okay, all we did was snapchat each other stupid duck face pictures for a whole hour, but we're just cool like that!). I can't wait to see all of you girlies again!!!!!

Song of the day: Wings- Little Mix
Quote of the day: "They can't detain you, these wings were made to fly."

2 comments:

  1. You are the cutest Miriam... I didn't even know you had a blog!!!!! I love how you said P-town as in Provo not Portland.. I didn't even think of that!! I am going to miss you so much!! But don't worry I think I might come back for EFY next summer!!!!!
    Love you so much ~ Emma <3
    P.S - Have a legit day!!
    P.P.S - I have a blog to... http://emmahaynesonline.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you <3 We should do EFY together for next summer! That would be so freaking legit! and I will be sure to check out your blog! I didn't know you had one either!

      Delete

Comments are nice. I like them.