Sunday, March 8, 2015

MORP 2k15: now...HOW many Jackson's are there again?

well, out of all the many (3) dates I've been on now, this one has got to be my favorite. hands down. (sorry to the other 2.) MORP is just one of the best dances. It's near the end of 3rd term, which is probably the worst part of the year, so it gives me something to look forward to. it's in March, the weather is good, and both years I've gone it's been semi-formal. AND the girls get to ask. Well, a lot of my friends are seniors, and this would be their last girls-choice dance to go to. so, I asked one of my very best friends, Jackson. His sister Kate and I are also really good friends, and she told me, "if you want to ask him, then go for it! but if I were you, I would ask a lot sooner than later!" so, 5 days before Sweethearts (HEAVEN FORBID I ask to Morp before Sweethearts is over!!), and 2 days before Sweethearts, he answers me (some really weird girls thought the whole thing was crazy.)
this is probably the best thing I've come up with. so, Jackson and I both play tennis. actually, we've played each other for fun a few times and he always beats me. once, he played with his left hand and he still beat me! either he's way good or I'm way bad. but he did tell me that I have a great serve and I'm very consistent, so I probably wasn't as bad as I thought I was. also, that was almost 2 years ago, and I've gotten a lot better. also, if you think I'm not classy or anything, don't worry, Jackson thought it was funny. the poster says: "JACKSON- it took a lot of BALLS to ask...MORP? (name is on balls)"

3 days later, this shows up on my doorstep:
"can I? YES!"

well, I got myself an answer 3 days after I asked, I got myself a date, I got myself a dress, and I got myself a group. sounds great, right? well, it's not quite that simple. whenever girls have to plan dances, they go psycho on each other and NOTHING is ever okay. there's always a problem with the food, the time, the plans, every little thing has to be perfect. I decided that since I was the only junior besides my friend Kaitlyn who wasn't even going on the day date, I would try to cause the least amount of problems I could. but it was pretty stressful getting plans changed on me all the time. Long story short, I had to call up Jackson the morning of and say "plans changed, I'm picking you up in a half hour." and he said, "thanks for letting me know, I need to get out of bed!" so I got our day date snack at Kneaders (we order the exact same thing, turkey bacon avocado on foccacia, so that wasn't even a problem), picked him up, and drove to the house we thought we were meeting at. well, guess what? as soon as we get there, someone calls me and tells us to meet somewhere else instead! and that place was, what do you know, right by Kneader's where I just was! but what can we do. not our fault.
our day date plans were to go razor riding west of Eagle Mountain, which is west of Lehi. so pretty much in the wilderness, about 40ish minutes away. well, I had no idea how long it would take to get there, and all of a sudden, I really had to pee. I tried to hold it as long as I could, but finally I decided I was desperate and told the driver "I really have to pee. I mean, really." so Jackson H, our driver (not my date, who is Jackson B) just pulled over and there were no bushes, so I had to jump into a ditch and let it all out. not what everyone expected. and I'm already feeling bad because I'm the only junior on the day date, so I already feel like the baby. and I made them pull over. but that stuff just happens, and it made for an exciting car ride!
for those of you who have no idea what razor riding is, that thing behind me and Jackson is a razor. or a rhino. or a who knows what. but pretty much, you drive these things around in the desert and have a gooooood time. it's pretty much just off-roading. and it is SO MUCH FUN. I had never done razor riding prior to this date, and I am sure glad I hooked up with this group because Jackson and I were having the time of our lives out here! we were in a 4-seater, and we took the backseat because I'm not experienced enough and I didn't want my date to kill me. So, the other couple, Emily and Jackson R (yes, there were 3 Jackson's in this group. it was pretty funny when someone would yell, "hey Jackson!" and all of them would say "which one?!" and no, we did not all get together and say, "hey, let's all ask people named Jackson!" it just so happened that way. but I really like that name Jackson and apparently so do tons of other people) sat up front and other Jackson was a great driver and didn't flip us over, and we made it out alive! it was quite an adventure! 
the girls. front row: me, Jaysi, Micah, and Hally. back row: Emily, Annie, Regan
our group: Jaysi and Lance, Maloy and Annie, Jackson R and Emily, Hally and Jackson H, me and Jackson B, Scott and Regan, Fielding and Micah

also, HUGE thank you to Jaysi and her dad for bring up all the razors and making this possible! 

all too soon, we had to pack up and Jackson H and Hally drove Annie, Maloy, me, and Jackson B (aka Jackson my date) back to Kneaders, we all got in our cars, and drove our dates home. we would see them again in less than 2 hours. my really good friend Haley told me she would curl my hair with a wand, and it turned out great. my hair is really thick and usually refuses to curl with a clamp iron. but Haley is a hair genie and knows how to work her magic wand, and it looked so good! as soon as she was finished, I got back into my car, chose my new "MORP" playlist, and picked up Jackson once again. the first thing he said was, "bad news. I thought your dress was black, not navy. and I'm wearing all black. don't kill me!" and I just said, "of course not! you look great!" and his sweet mom took a few pictures of us, and then we drove back to the Riverwoods for like the 3rd time that day to take real pictures and eat dinner!
and Jackson, being so sweet, even got me a corsage.
 left to right: Lance and Jaysi, Jackson H and Hally, Maloy and Annie, Jackson R and Emily, Micah and Fielding, Regan and Scott, me and Jackson B, Kaitlyn and Chandler (Kaitlyn had dance all morning and couldn't make it to the day date, but we are all so glad she was able to come to the dinner part!)

 the dudes: Jackson R, Jackson H, Fielding, Scott, Jackson B, Chandler, Lance, and Maloy (the King)
 Emily, Micah, Annie, Jaysi, Hally, Regan, Kaitlyn, and me
we had a wonderful dinner at La Jolla Groves. it took forever for any of to choose, because everything looked so good! Jackson went with a chicken alfredo pasta, and I went with beef sirloin medallions with mango chutney. it was so good,and I wasn't even stuffed, which was good because next up, was the dance!

the theme was "Once Upon a Time", so it was perfectly fitting that the dance was at a castle park in Lindon. this place is usually used for receptions and stuff like that, but I guess for 1 night, it turned into a Timpview High School dance party. some people took the prince/princess theme seriously; most of my group did not. but if I say so myself, Jackson and I were definitely the best looking couple there. we had a great time "dancing" (Jackson just standing there watching me get into it), going to the photobooth, and then, there was slow dancing... Jackson almost twirled me into some other couple a few times, but other than that, we were probably the greatest dancers there!

after about an hour, we drove back to Jackson's house so he could change, and then we drove to my house so I could change and pick up some cookies to bring to Regan's. she had a bonfire going in her backyard, and a really cool swingset on the side of a hill. I guess I have no life because I do not like swinging. the motion just makes me a bit seasick. but Jackson proved to be an entirely different case. he saw the swingset and went running for it, hopped on a swing, and was squealing and laughing and having the time of his life! finally, he convinced me to join him so I could "feel the magic of the swings! Miriam, you gotta admit, it's pretty cool. it's like......you're flying!" well, okay, Jackson. I guess I gotta admit that. but he was enjoying himself a lot more than I was. I was perfectly content just watching him and eating smores and cookies. we all talked by the fire a bit, and then all too soon, we remembered it was freaking DAYLIGHT SAVINGS the next day, and he has early church. so, at like 12;50 AM, I drove him home and we just sang every word of every song together. I love it when people like my music, especially boys. Jackson and I have pretty much the same music taste, and it was nice to have someone (with a really good voice too!) to sing along with me. this was definitely the most fun date I have been on: we had great food, great music, great people, I went razor riding/off roading/whatever works for you and didn't die, I went flying on a crazy swingset, sang good songs, and had the sweetest date. 

PS. the subject of graduating and missions came up at least 10 times that day. why am I not a senior? or why aren't all my friends juniors? why are they all leaving?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are nice. I like them.