Friday, September 21, 2012

SECOND happiest place on earth

4 more days.

and because none of my stupid teachers are getting back to me for school (which doesn't even really matter anymore because I'll be back at school in 5 days), we decided to ditch the original "do-schoolwork-and-get-stressed-out-and-pack-and-go-crazy" plan for this week and ended up here instead....
yeah I know. a really crowded subway. how exciting. sorry for the false alarm. the really crowded subway took us here.
The whole time we've been in Tokyo, we talk about other vacations we could've gone on. and Justin keeps on reminding us that "I've only been to Disneyland twice and I don't even remember it! Why wasn't I born in California?" Well, he's actually been more than once. But I remember it the most because Wesley was just a baby when we lived in California. and we knew there was a Tokyo Disney, but both Mom and Dad weren't too excited about the idea because "you've never been to Japan and you've been to Disneyland so many times, it defeats the whole purpose of being in Tokyo because you can do that in California. Plus, it's much smaller." well, I grew up at Disneyland, and it has to be my favorite place ever. everytime I go, I love it even more than I did the last time. I asked all my friends here what it was like. Most of my friends said that it was super fun. Some said it was kinda lame because it was so much smaller. and a few of them said that Disney Sea, the other park here, is better because it has bigger rollercoasters and stuff. But I'm a Disney girl, my mom's a Disney girl, my brothers are hopefully Disney guys, so we finally decided to only go to Tokyo Disney for one day. And since it was so small, we could do pretty much everything we wanted to do!




the very first thing we did was get a fastpass for Space Mountain, one of our favorites (and Wesley's absolute favorite). while we waited for our fastpass, we went on Buzz Lightyear, the car ride, and the Monsters, Inc. ride that they don't have in California! It was super cute, and it was hilarious in Japanese! one of our favorites at Tokyo Disney. and Space Mountain was sooooo much better here as well! It was darker, faster, and it felt more like flying through space should feel. Justin and Mom absolutely hated it because it was faster, but it made it so much better! after that, we headed down to my favorite ride of all time to pick up a fastpass. but unfortunately, my favorite ride is everyone else's favorite ride as well, and by 12:00 noon, every single Fastpass was sold out. but because I'm crazy and it was so hot, we waited in line for Splash Mountain for an hour and a half. it didn't quite meet the expectations, because the drop wasn't as steep as the other one and only my face got wet, but I still enjoyed it very much!



 I didn't want my picture taken so I decided to ruin it.
while waiting for our other fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain, we decided to eat lunch and do one Fantasyland ride. so, of course. It's a Small World it was. sometime after Big Thunder Mountain, Mom discovered that we lost the camera, so she went back to the ride, but no one could find it. we were all freaking out: me because it's actually my camera and my iPod camera was being stupid, Mom because she has to take 500 pictures of us, Justin because he decided that he wants to be a photographer and he took "really, really good pictures", and Wesley because we were all freaking out. so, our plan was to go on Haunted Mansion, Mom and the boys go on some Fantasyland rides while I go to the lost and found, and to meet by the carousel. Haunted Mansion was great because they had a "Jack Skellington" theme with both Halloween and Christmas decorations. but Haunted Mansion is extremely far away from the Lost and Found, so it took forever to get there. the Cast Members had trouble understanding my "thick American accent" (they understood my mom, but not me), I had to speak very slowly, got sent back to Big Thunder Mountain, waited for a long time, then finally, they came out with my camera. I practically ran back to Fantasyland, found the family again, and had a little celebration by taking a ton of pictures, eating, and seeing a little dance performance starring Minnie Mouse and Japanese dancers wearing funky costumes.









The whole park was decorated for Halloween. we loved seeing all the cute decorations! the last thing we did was Winnie the Pooh, which was definitely the best. it was completely different than the one at Disneyland in California, and much better! we rode in little honeypots, saw scenes from Winnie the Pooh, but the best part was the Tigger scene. so, our honeypot stops, Tigger starts singing in Japanese, and our honeypot starts bouncing up and down to the Tigger song! it was just absolutely hilarious. no one expected that to happen, and for the Heffalumps and Woozles part, we were just spinning around and around, all very "confuzzled". and at the end, it even smelled like honey!!! they surely outdid themselves on this ride! good job, Tokyo! Cutest ride in the world. the best rides at Tokyo Disney were:

  • Pirates of the Carribean: the one in California keeps changing and updating itself. this one was more original, pirate-ish, and like the Disneyland one, they had Jack Sparrow in there as well.
  • Jungle Cruise: they had better animals and a better "jungle."
  • Space Mountain: already explained it!
  • Haunted Mansion: loved the Jack Skellington theme!
  • Monsters, Inc.: super cute and exciting
  • Big Thunder Mountain: went pretty fast 
  • Splash Mountain: only because it's my favorite ride in the whole universe and it never gets old
they didn't have nearly as many rides as Disneyland. they didn't have Indiana Jones, the Matterhorn, Alice in Wonderland (not the spinning teacups), Star Tours, Peter Pan (closed for updating), and a ton more. but for what they had, most of it was pretty good! Except the Tiki Room was the worst. when I was little, we had to visit the Tiki Room every single time. and I knew all the birds names and all the songs. it is still one of my favorites. the Tokyo Tiki room was........... lame. 1. It was in Japanese, so you couldn't understand a word they were saying, 2. They had Stitch in there with the birds, 3. (which disappointed me the most) none of the songs were the same! they were all completely different!

but hey, if there's a Disneyland, I have to go to it! and it was pretty good for its size. but nothing can compare to California, sorry to say. Not even Disney World, which I've never been to. Disneyland is always gonna beat everything.

PS. none of the lines were too bad except for Splash Mountain and Monsters, Inc. but even for the short lines, my brothers were being very immature, wrestling each other, piggybacking each other, messing up their hair (both of them recently got haircuts, and neither of them are very happy about them. Wesley wants a mullet, which would look absolutely disgusting on him. Mom agrees, but Wesley's argument every time is, "Mom, Dad had a mullet once. and you still dated him." Justin is upset because he can't use hair gel and spike it up like he used to). and everywhere we go, at least 3 Japanese people ask if they are twins. they are adorable together and you can definitely tell they're brothers, but they aren't identical! but they look more alike than I do to either of them. Justin and I both have dark, thick hair, and we look vaguely similar, and I don't resemble Wesley at all. both of them got the tall, skinny genes and will both be taller than me. that's for sure!

PPS. everyone says that I look exactly like Mom, but with Dad's hair and eyes.

PPPS. someone thought I was Justin's mom. it was very weird. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Miriam. So, about disneyland. The haunted mansion is only like that around christmas time. They close the mansion around september and change it to the Jack Skellington theme and by the way the Indiana Jones ride is in disney sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Well, I came at a good time! I love the cute Jack Skellington decorations! and we totally should've gone together to Disneyland!

      Delete
    2. I know! I really wish I could have gone. I am going to go with my sister soon. If only I could have decided to go earlier so I could go with you.

      Delete

Comments are nice. I like them.