Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bittersweet day

yesterday was a bittersweet day. In 6th period (American Studies), I got some really sad news: I didn't make it to the finals in Centennial Idol. my goal to make it to the semi-finals, which I achieved. my new goal was to win this thing. but it didn't work out that way. On Thursday, when I performed (they changed Michael Jackson week to Disney week, so I sang When Will my Life Begin from Tangled), and I didn't do as well as I had done in previous weeks. My voice cracked in the middle, my pitch wasn't that good (which is funny because I have perfect pitch), and overall it just wasn't a great performance. Mccall sang really well, and no wonder she got a lot of votes. but I still had some hope that I would make it to the next round. when I found out, I knew I couldn't cry because I was in American Studies. and I still haven't cried because it was a good experience and it was super fun. Mccall also got out with me, so it feels a little better knowing that we are going through this together.

another reason that I couldn't feel sorry for myself was that my going away party was that evening, and I had to prepare. we had it at the stake park, which has a huge pavillion and a lot of room to run around and have fun. the weather was perfect, and the food was amazing (thanks Mom!). she made cookies and breadsticks and waffle cones. the ice cream was the best part. we also ordered 10 pizzas and only ate 3 of them! after all the food, we talked, danced around to One Direction, and ran inside the church. a few of my friends got crazy and went in the men's restroom. poor Justin needed to go, too! but he couldn't with all those girls in there. then, the best part happened. we all threw water balloons at Justin (Wesley was a stinker and decided not to come at all), and the only people he nailed were Beth, Nicole, Raquel, and of course, me. we also had a shaving cream war. It was super fun! I am going to miss all of my friends once I go to Tokyo! It's gonna be a lonely summer without them, that's for sure. they all wrote letters to me in a little notebook. they were super nice. of all the parties I've attended/hosted, this had to be the best one!
 Callie C and me
 Beth C, me, and Nicole S
 back row: me, Lynley F, and Madi W. front row: Madi M, Weslee B, Brooke O, and Callie O.
 standing up: Madi W, Jackson P, Gillian H, and me. sitting down: Haley S, Malia P, and Sydney S.

 food!
 Raquel A, Emma H, and Beth


Madi loves shaving cream!
a ton of other girls were there, we just didn't get a picture of them because by then, we were all wet and had shaving cream all over us! so, Hannah S., Rachel H., Susie C., and Miranda M. were all there. a few funny quotes:
Gillian: seriously. we need to kill this kid! (while trying to attack Justin with balloons)
Mom: You're the she-Jackson, right?
Gillian: the sheep-Jackson?
Jackson: the she-Jackson!
Malia (climbing up a pole with shaving cream on her hands): what? I'm just pole-dancing!
Mom: we need to get this shaving cream off that pole!
Susie: it's called rain!

Susie: oh my gosh. I just jumped on a red truck! You guys totally missed it!

Miranda: happy Leave-School-Early day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are nice. I like them.