Saturday, May 5, 2012

Seussical!

I have not had time to do this post because I have been super busy! But since all of you have been waiting, here you go! Seussical the Musical was a great show. We did 3 shows, 1 elementary school preview, and 2 in-school assemblies. so, that was 5 performances. The best show was closing night (Monday). It was a sell-out, and a ton of people came! We did so well in that one, and we didn't make a lot of mistakes. On Friday, we were all pretty nervous and the mics had problems. Saturday, I tripped over a seventh grader (another Who) and, well........you can kind of take it from there. The in-school performances......let's not even go there. The elementary kids didn't even laugh at all! But I guess I could say that they were speechless!
After a bad dress rehearsal on Wednesday with my make-up and my hair, my mom was so nice and decided to come and do my hair and make-up there (and to do anyone else's make-up). It went a lot faster, and I was able to get changed quicker. I loved my hair and my costume. The make-up wasn't really my favorite. I have a darker complexion, and according to Mom, the foundation was washing out my complexion and she didn't think it looked great. Another problem was eyelashes. My mom had never put on any fake eyelashes in her life, so the first time she tried it, she actually glued my eyes shut! Let me tell you, it was not pleasant! But eventually, we made it work.
 my hair and my makeup. Love it!

 this was when I had my hair emergency and before my mom was able to come and rescue me. I was not in costume, but I am wearing my fake eyelashes!
 me and my friend Honi backstage. I don't remember who did my eyeshadow, but it never happened again. Honi did very well (she was a fish dancer and some other jungle animal that I cannot remember)


 Rachel proposed to me....with a clover. Best backstage moment ever!
 I put a few other pics on one of my earlier posts. But these ones are my favorite ones. Seussical was very hard work, and a lot of times, rehearsal was torture. but I learned a lot about drama, dancing, knowing when to be onstage, good stage presence, and I met a lot of people and made a few new friends! it was worth it in the end, and I don't regret doing it. Oh, and one more thing. I wrote myself a little story. It is called Horan Hears a Who!
there once was a really cute Irish boy named Niall Horan. He was in One Direction with 4 other extremely attractive guys. but one day, he found a really weird clover. he wondered what it was, so he picked it up. On that clover, he heard a little Who singing about her depressing life in Whoville and how much she loved One Direction. So, he rescued her, and she married him, saying "no" when Rachel proposed to her. The end!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are nice. I like them.