Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Scienara/Konichiwa

So.........I'm here in Tokyo. I don't even know what day it is. I left on Saturday morning, and I don't even know when I got here. The time change is crazy, let me just tell you that. I went on 2 planes: one from Salt Lake to Seattle, and the other one from Seattle to Tokyo. Most boring however-many-hours-I-was-on-that-plane in my life. I was tired, I wasn't feeling very good, and I had to eat airplane food, which......let's not even go there. Then, we had to take a train, and then a subway. From the subway to our apartment, we had to go on a death march. And our apartment only has 1 bedroom, so I sleep on the floor. In the living room. Not very pleasant, but hey, you get used to it.

We have gone to check out the university, gone grocery shopping, played games, watched movies, watched some really weird Japanese TV show where pink cows take baths with balloons, people dance in bread costumes, and dogs turn their bums into elephants (I'm freaking serious!), and we checked out the Tokyo Dome. It is pretty cool, but we got rained on. So, we haven't really done much.



My last day in Provo was actually a really good day. First, I went to watch Centennial Idol Finals (even though I'm not in it anymore, I still watched it), and for a "commercial break", Student Council did some Minute to Win it activities. I had to stack cups, and I won. After I got my milky way prize, Cami, the studentbody VP announced that I was moving to Tokyo and that it was my last day and she congratulated me on how well I had done on idol, and everyone cheered. A bunch of kids I didn't even know told me good luck and that they had voted for me every single time. that made me feel great! in math, I had to finish science testing (which I did), and since 4th period is the same period as student council, I got to hang out with a lot of my SC friends instead of going back to math. it was legit. then, in American Studies, my friend Miranda passed around a little notebook for everyone to write in about me. A lot of the notes were really sweet, and some of them (especially from the boys) were hilarious! Here's what a few of them said (these are all boy ones):
  • "I love your stinkin face, and it is not stinkin!"
  • "You're cool. Stay fresh. ♥/ somebody."
  • "Your voice is like the sunrise after a storm."
  • "Scienara........love, your secret admirer." (I know who you are, and I just barely learned that the way you spell "goodbye" in Japanese is actually sayonara. but your spelling just makes it seem like 100 times more romantic.)
  • "Miriam my lover! You are the best thing that has happened to me since sliced bread!"
  • "Eat lots of good food for me!"
haha. gotta love boys. and my friend Adam drew me that lovely picture of me in Japan. he should seriously become an artist. after that, I hugged everyone, made a speech on how legit they were, and left school and went to Jamba Juice! later that evening, the elementary school had the extravaganza (school carnival) so i went, hoping to see my friends and to get food. wesley stole my punch card and bought all the food for himself. and I only saw a few friends there, and I got chased around with an orange spoon. it was lovely.

well, I miss all of my Provo friends more that I can even explain. but I am pretty excited about Japan. I will try to keep you all updated, but if I don't post too often, do not kill me! see you in 4 months.

1 comment:

  1. This post was pretty legit. I hope to hear more about this, and have fun!
    (I hope the ground will be a little more comfortable...)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are nice. I like them.